Are you among those who have a habit of continuously rolling on your office chair repeatedly? Well, if you are, then you may know that it can cause severe damage to your high pile carpet. High pile carpets once damaged can be costly to replace.
It is evident that many of us unknowingly roll repeatedly while working to reduce stress and lower fatigue.
Chair mats are one of the solutions to protect your high pile carpets from damage.
Chair mats will even protect your rugs, carpets, and flooring from severe damage caused by chair casters.
- 1 Top Chart of the Best Chair Mat for High Pile Carpet
- 2 Why you should need the chair mat for high pile carpet?
- 3 Reviews of chair mat for high pile carpet
- 4 How to choose a chair mat for high pile carpet
- 5 Buying Guide of Best Chair Mat for High Pile Carpet
- 6 User Guide of the Chair Mat for High Pile Carpet
- 7 Top Features of a Chair mat for High Pile Carpet
- 8 Why we recommend those chair Mat for High Pile Carpet
- 9 How do we rate those Chair Mats for High Pile Carpet?
- 10 Best Chair Mat For High Pile Carpet- A Comprehensive Study
- 11 Common Questions and Answers
Top Chart of the Best Chair Mat for High Pile Carpet
|Image||Title||Rating||Check Latest Price|
|Amazon Basics Carpet Chair Mat|
|4.5/5||Check Latest Price|
|Lorell Tempered Glass Chair Mat|
|4.3/5||Check Latest Price|
|Amazon Basics Mat with Lip||4.6/5||Check Latest Price|
|MuArts chair mat||4.4/5||Check Latest Price|
|Floortex Polycarbonate chair mat||4.3/5||Check Latest Price|
|MuArtscrystal clear hard chair mat||4.4/5||Check Latest Price|
|MuArts heavy-duty hard chair mat||4.2/5||Check Latest Price|
Why you should need the chair mat for high pile carpet?
Most of the office floors get damaged due to the chair casters in the office. There can be many reasons for people to roll on them.
Some make a habit while others roll due to stress or reduce fatigue. Some due to excitement while for others, it may be fear or nervousness.
Whatever may be the reason, there is only one consequence. You are damaging the high pile carpet, which can be very costly to replace.
Chair mats have a few advantages:
- The most important one is, they will protect the flooring from scuffs, marks, spills, and indentations.
- Rolling your chair around on carpet can make your back pain and legs strain. But chair mats can reduce the effort by 80% less to roll your chair. Which means you can now easily roll without any pain and worry of damaging the carpet.
- The chair mats are anti-static and will prevent the static electricity generated by the carpet to cause any glitch on your electronic device.
- Now move around your work easily and extend the life of your flooring, without any pain on your back or on legs and without losing any data.
Reviews of chair mat for high pile carpet
1. Amazon Basics Polycarbonate Office Carpet Chair Mat
It is highly rigid and will not let your chair casters sink in. This product is free of phthalate and heavy metal content.
It is different from other products as it contains polycarbonate that instantly flattens and remains flat compared to other plastics.
Stability is maintained by providing a gripper back underside. The top surface is slightly texture for a better chair movement.
It comes in a rectangular shape with dimensions of 35 inches X 47 inches. The item approximately weighs up to 7.55 pounds. It is easy to clean. Just take a damped cloth and wipe it to clean.
- Super tough, durable and long-lasting with 100% polycarbonate
- Phthalate-free and non-toxic.
- Better stability with a gripped back.
- No harmful chemicals present.
- It is easy to wash.
- Does not flex or bend.
- The grip at the bottom is not so thick.
- Many reviewers have stated that the mat is a bit heavy and expands quickly when unrolled.
2. Lorell Tempered Glass Chair Mat
This unique chair mat is making up of tempered glass. This product is suitable for floors, Pile Carpet, and other hardwood floors.
Made up of tempered glass, this product is rectangular in shape and scratch-resistant.
It provides a smooth surface to the chairs. It has the capability of supporting up to 1000 lb weight. This product is suitable for any floor type. I
t is easy to maintain and clean without any hassle. This rectangular-shaped tempered glass chair mat is one of the modern and stylish looking chair mats available in the market nowadays.
The chair mat weighs up to 38.6 pounds. It has dimensions of 36 inches length, 46 inches width, and 0.2 inches in height.
- The product is made with such a material that casters will not leave any impressions or dents on the mat.
- It is durable and scratch-resistant.
- That can hold up to 1000 lb.
- It gives better support than any other carpet mats.
- Chair casters can roll easily.
- The glass can break if the chair caster is made up of plastic or nonmetal.
3. Amazon Basics Polycarbonate Office Carpet Chair Mat with Lip
It has a lightly textured top surface that is totally flat. Using this product, you can easily glide through your chair without any worry.
It is family-friendly as it is free of phthalates and any heavy metal content. Polycarbonate is one of the best products for chair mats. It does not need any time to flatten.
It will not allow your chair to sink in easily. That is safe with no added artificial odors and will not discolor. This chair mat is compatible with under-flooring heating systems.
It has a gripper back underside, which provides maximum stability. It is rectangular in shape with a lip. The item weighs approximately 10.05 pounds.
- It provides high impact resistance with the easy-glide rolling surface.
- Incredibly durable and provides long-life protection.
- The grip on the bottom is not thick.
4. MuArts Crystal clear heavy-duty hard chair mat
It approximately weighs about 1.4LB. The main feature of this chair mat is, it has dual functionality. That can be used on carpet and hard floors. It is made up of hard material.
It cannot be folded or curled. That is crystal clear as glass and is more durable than glass mats. That is family-friendly, which is made up of non-toxic and odorless special material.
This product provides you with a warranty of 12 months and lifetime technical support.
It has a friendly customer team available 24 X 7 for your help.
- It is more transparent and clearer compared to other chair mats.
- Durable and non-breakable.
- It can be used both on the carpet and on hard floors.
- It is non-toxic and odorless.
- It is thicker compared to other chair mats.
- That is heavier compared to other chair mats.
- It cannot be rolled or curled.
5. Floortex Polycarbonate chair mat for Plush pile carpets
Floortex supplies products worldwide through trusted distributors and retailers.
It will save your carpet from damage caused by the chair casters. Your chair casters can easily glide on the surface.
It will reduce the strain caused on the legs and will improve the posture while working.
The hard floors are damaged, scratched, and dented by the chair wheels. This product has an anti-slip coating on the back, which will keep the mat in place.
It will avoid the marks or any residue caused by the wheels.
The carpet is saved from daily wear and tear. This product has tiny grippers on the base to keep the mat in place. There are a few factors that you should take into consideration before buying.
- It is made up of polycarbonate, which has numerous benefits.
- It has an anti-slip coating at the back.
- Tiny grippers on the keep the mat in place.
- It is a product that can expose you to Bisphenol A (BPA).
6 MuArts [upgraded version] crystal clear, heavy-duty hard chair mat
The primary benefit of the product is its dual functionality.
It can be both used on carpet and hard floors like wood, tile, etc. That cannot be folded or rolled; it is completely flat and looks similar to a glass mat.
It is more durable than heavy-duty glass mats. That is crystal clear as glass and provides a clear view through the mats.
It weighs up to 14lb. It is family-friendly and made without any use of toxic and odorless material. That has a technical support team that will provide you with 24 X 7 service with a 12-month warranty.
- It is more translucent and indistinct compared to other chair mats.
- Durable and non-breakable.
- It can be used for both on the carpet and hard floors.
- It is non-toxic and odorless.
- It is thicker compared to other chair mats.
- That is heavier compared to other chair mats.
- It cannot roll or curl.
7. MuArts [upgraded version] Crystal clear 1/5’’ thick 47’’ X 4’’ heavy-duty hard chair mat
One of the best features of this product is, it can use both on the carpet and hard floors such as wood, tile, etc. It is thicker and heavier compared to other chair mats of the same size.
The dimensions are of 47 inches length, 40 inches width, and 0.2 inches height. It weighs approximately up to 16 lb.
The material is heavy duty and durable and made with non-toxic and odorless special material. It can withstand up to 14000 lb of pressure.
There is a technical team that provides 24 X 7 customer service and a 12-month worry-free warranty.
- Durable and non-breakable.
- Crystal clear features where the carpet is can be seen through.
- It is non-toxic and odorless.
- It can be used both on the carpet and hard floors.
- It is thicker and heavier compared to other chair mats.
- It cannot be rolled or curled.
How to choose a chair mat for high pile carpet
There are certain factors that need to be considered before buying a chair mat. The factors include:
- How is the flooring?
- How large is the work area?
Chair mat thickness:
The type of flooring you have is one of the key factors that determine the chair mat thickness. There are different types of chair mats designing for different kinds of flooring.
A chair mat designed for a hard floor will differ from that of a high pile carpet.
The ones that are used on carpets have a cleated back to prevent slips. But for hard floors, the cleats are not provided because they destroy the floor finishes. Thickness can vary across different brands.
Chair mat size:
Choosing a chair mat that matches your workplace is very important. Choose the one which covers the maximum area measured from the farthest points of your workplace.
Buying a small one will not cover the workplace adequately, as well as buying a large one can cause problems. Your chair mat is not for the furniture; it is designed only for you and your chair.
Chair mat shape:
Once you are completed with choosing what size to take, go searching for the perfect shape that matches perfectly with the arrangements of the furniture around you. There are three common shapes available. They are light bulbs, lip, and rectangular.
The most versatile among all these is the rectangular one. It fits with most of the office desk configurations. L-shaped or corner areas need a light bulb shaped chair mat.
Consider the following factors and choose the one that suits you best for you. Protect your high pile carpet and enjoy rolling without any worry.
Buying Guide of Best Chair Mat for High Pile Carpet
There are numerous chair mats available in the market. Choosing the appropriate one will help you save your high pile carpet from severe damage.
There are so many brands, and models present that will promise you with attractive benefit offers. It recommends buying a cleated one if you want to use it on a carpet and a clear one for the hard floor.
To help you, we will state some of the factors that will make your work easy for choosing an appropriate chair mat. No need to worry, just consider these few factors:
Check the flooring:
As discussed earlier, if you want to place the mat on the high pile carpet, mats that have cleats at the bottom are ideal. For hard floors like tiles, wood, it is recommended to use a clear one without any cleats.
Measure the work area:
The second thing that you need to consider is the area where you work. Chair mats come in different sizes. Buying a larger one is not the wisest move.
You have to fit it under all the furniture. Chair mats are only for you and your chair, not any other furniture.
So, it is better to take the size of the area and then look for the size that fits perfectly.
The arrangement of the furniture:
Your chair need not always be placed in an ideal location. It can be placed at a corner or any L-shaped area.
There are different shaped chair mats available. The commonly bought are rectangular, lip, or light bulb. The rectangular is mostly bought as it fits in all the areas.
The lip and light bulb shapes are used if your furniture is placed at a corner or any L-shaped area.
User Guide of the Chair Mat for High Pile Carpet
Till now, you are pretty much clear on how to buy the perfect chair mat suitable for your high pile carpet. You have been acquainted with all the benefits of using it.
Choosing and buying the appropriate product is not easy, but what is more tough is maintaining that product.
Buy the appropriate carpet. If you own a hard floor such as wood or tiles, then do not buy the one which has cleats on the bottom.
Go for a clear one, which is specially designed for floors or hard surfaces.
If the chair mat is dirty, do not wash it. Take a damp cloth soaked in mild soap and water to clean the chair mat. Place it on a flat surface while cleaning.
The chair mats when shipped are rolled for convenience while delivering. When you receive it, instantly unroll it and place it on a flat surface to regain its actual shape. It can take a long time which can be up to 72 hours to reach its natural shape.
Study the temperature properly for the ideal use of the chair mat. It is recommended not to use a chair mat where the temperature is more than 35 degrees Celsius and less than 16 degrees Celsius.
They come with a manual on which all the environmental conditions on which it can be used are stated clearly.
The environment which can cause moisture to form beneath the carpet or the flooring materials is not suitable for using the chair mats.
The cleated chair mats are more delicate than the clear ones. Cleated chair mats are used on the carpets.
They should be handled with care, and proper maintenance should be done for a long life of the mats.
Top Features of a Chair mat for High Pile Carpet
- Carpet friendly: The most important feature is, chair mats are carpet friendly. There are cleats on the bottom of the mat that prevents any kind of damage to your high pile carpet.Now you can roll around freely without any worry of destroying your carpet.
- Carpet thickness: Carpet thickness refers to the thickness of the cleats. Cleats are present at the bottom of the mat. These cleats are not present if the chair mat is kept on the floor.The thickness ranges from ¼ inches high to 1 inch high.
- Chair mat lip: Chair mat lip refers to the rectangular design of the mat. This type of mats has extensions of rectangular shape centered along one edge of the mat.The extended edge is placed closest to the work surface. It helps users to move freely and work in comfortable postures.
- Chair mat size: There are numerous chair mat sizes that will help you to choose the one which fits perfectly under your chair.The most commonly bought sizes are 36’’ by 48’’ rectangle or 46’’ by 53’’ rectangle. It can have a lipped edge.
- Floor safe chair mat design: There are chair mats that not only save your carpet but the hard floor also. The chair casters can leave marks on the floors.The mats that are designed for the floor do not have cleats on the bottom of the mat. They are clear chair mats made for safe use on hard floors such as wood, tile, etc.
- High clarity design: These chair mats are designing in such a manner that allows you better visibility of the underlying carpet or flooring.
- No crack promise: The above-mentioned chair mats give a guarantee on the quality of the product that specifies the durability of the chair mats.
Why we recommend those chair Mat for High Pile Carpet
Chair mats have numerous benefits. The above-mentioned chair mats are easily available online. All you need to do is study the above features and buy one that exactly suits your needs.
Firstly, check on the budget. There is always a product available that will perfectly fit your pocket.
After considering the price, the second thing is to check the ratings. Ratings are available for every product.
Customers that bought the product rate the quality of it. There are ratings from 1 to 5 where 1 means least and 5 means the best.
It is recommended to buy a mat that has cleats at the bottom for your high pile carpet.
Next, coming to the reviews. Reviews are one of the best things to take into consideration while buying any products online.
The above-mentioned products have customer reviews where the customers themselves have explained in their own words the pros and cons of any particular product.
Pictures, along with the reviews, are attached for a clear conception. Then after choosing and going through the products, book the appropriate one.
Choose your preferred delivery location and the payment option for successful order placement.
Amazon has great return policies. Once you bought the product, if you do not like it, you can simply return it and get all your money back.
So, if you are going to buy your first chair mat, go through the features and functions mentioned above and you are all ready to buy the best chair mat for your high pile carpet.
Do not ruin your beautiful carpet from the chair casters.
Buy a chair mat that will help you roll all day, maintain your body posture, and, most importantly, save your precious carpet.
How do we rate those Chair Mats for High Pile Carpet?
Chair mats are not just a piece of plastic under your chair. It is more than that. It protects the floors and your high pile carpets.
That has numerous benefits. It saves the floor and carpet and provides a smooth surface for you to roll on it whenever you like.
It takes less energy to roll on a chair mat than on a surface or a carpet.
That will help you to concentrate on your work and be in a good mood. We have discussed how to choose the best one suited for you.
Consider the factors stated above and save your high pile carpet from damaging.
One of the best chair mats is those that are making up of polycarbonates
Polycarbonates have multiple advantages. It provides a perfectly flat rolling surface straight from the box. It gives the mat a rigid finish surface.
The chair will not sink in easily and prevents the edges from curling. It is completely safe, would not emit any odors or will crack. You can see the floor through the mat easily with good clarity.
They are family safe. They do not contain any phthalates or any heavy metal content. It is compatible with an under-floor heating system.
There are crystal clear chair mats available that are thicker and heavier compared to other mats
They are not making up of glass but are crystal clear and will allow you to see through the mat. The main benefits of these kinds of mats are, they have dual functionality.
They can be used both on carpets and on hard floors like tile, wood, etc. They are highly durable and are non-toxic. So They do not contain any type of artificial odor.
They turn up with a 12-month warranty and a lifetime technical support 24 X 7.
Best Chair Mat For High Pile Carpet- A Comprehensive Study
Can you use a hard floor chair mat on the carpet?
Yes, you can use a hard floor chair mat on the carpet. It will make you enjoy a lot of benefits. One of the best parts of the hard floor chair mats is that they will expand the life of your carpet.
Apart from that, it will bring you several other benefits as well. So, here are some of the benefits that you can check.
- It will increase the lifespan of your flooring.
Well, we have already discussed that it will increase the lifespan of your carpet. And apart from carpet, it will also increase the lifespan of your flooring. The material of the floor doesn’t matter. It will protect all types of floors.
Also, if your chair doesn’t have wheels, there is a possibility that you have to get up several times. And for that reason, your floor witnesses a significant amount of beating.
So, it is important to bring a hard floor chair mat on the carpet.
- It will also protect against stains and spills.
Another imperative reason for which you should consider buying a chair mat is that it will protect your carpet from stains as well as spills.
So, you can see that it is significant to buy the best chair mat for high-pile carpet.
How can I get my office chair to roll on the carpet?
Well, if you want a carpet that is compatible with the rolling of an office chair, you have to consider some points.
If you can analyze those points precisely, you can make your chairs roll swiftly through those carpets. So, the points that we are talking about are:
- Comprehend the area that you want to cover
It is one of the most vital things that you have to consider before buying an office chair mat. You have to remember that the floor area is enough to let the chair roll through it.
To be precise, you should be able to go far away from your table.
- Take the measurement of the used area
Another thing that you have to do is to measure the desk’s outward length and note it down. So, whenever you should take this length with you.
After that, you have to choose the roller chair mat according to that. Well, measuring the length will help you to make the right decision.
So, in this way, you can get the chair mat that will allow your chair to roll over it. Therefore, consider these points and make the best decision.
What is a high-pile carpet?
Before discussing the high-pile carpet, let us comprehend the definition of ‘pile.’ Well, it is nothing but the fabric loop of your carpet.
To be precise, it is the soft part of the carpet, which makes it so comfortable.
Besides, the pile is also responsible for the endurance of your carpet. So, if someone is discussing, high-pile carpet in front of you, you have to understand that they are discussing the carpet that has looser and taller fiber.
For instance, you can consider the shag carpet to be a high-pile carpet. Well, there are numerous reasons for which you can choose a high-pile carpet.
So, here are the reasons that you should check.
- If you are looking for a carpet for its comfort and warmth. High-pile carpets play a significant role in creating a warm and cozy ambiance.
- Another reason for which you should buy a high-pile carpet is that it doesn’t get flat over time. Even if its loop is taller than the low-pile carpets, it takes much less time to flatten.
- The final reason is that the high-pile carpets are quite luxurious. They are full and fluffy and will make you happy whenever you walk through them.
How thick of a chair mat do I need?
Well, the thickness of a chair mat is very important to consider. In case, if you are choosing a too thin floor mat for your floor, there is a possibility that it will crack within a few days.
So, it is always a good decision to opt for a thick floor mat. It will not only provide you with some additional protection, but it will also serve numerous purposes of yours.
For instance, it will also provide you with additional comfort as well as support.
Well, the best thing that you can do is to measure the thickness of the chair mat.
Now, you need to keep in mind that the brands have a significant role to play when it comes to the thickness of the carpets. So, check the brands before comprehending the thickness.
Now, let us provide you with a guide of the thickness that you will need in your chair mat.
- Hard floor- ⅛”
- Low pile- ⅛”
- Medium pile- 3/16″
- Push pile- 3/16″
So, these are the thicknesses of the chair mats depending on the floors and carpets. Therefore, go through these points and choose your chair mat.
Will an office chair ruin carpet?
Well, there is a possibility that the office chairs can ruin your carpet. They have the potential to ruin your carpet. You have to understand the fact that even the lightest of a person is capable of generating a pressure of 100 psi.
So, that pressure is quite high. Hence, your office chair may ruin the carpet. Therefore, whenever you are buying an office chair, you have to make sure that the quality of the carpet is up to the mark.
Or else, it will get ruined pretty quickly.
Well, the best thing that you can do is opt for a chair mat, which will protect your carpet from the pressure created by the chair. Besides, it will allow you to roll your chair swiftly.
Well, you need to choose a chair mat that is capable of withstanding high pressure. However, most of the chair mats have this trait.
So, never hesitate to buy a chair mat if you want to protect your carpet. It is always the best option.
Hence, these are the things that you should keep in mind if you want to buy the best chair mat for high-pile carpet.
Common Questions and Answers
Q1. What are the advantages of using the chair mats?
Chair mats have numerous advantages. The most important one is, they will protect the flooring from dents, marks, scuffs, spills, and indentations.
Chair mats can reduce the effort by 80% less to roll your chair. Rolling your chair around on carpet can make your back pain and legs strain. But with chair mats, you can easily roll without any pain and worry about damaging the carpet.
The chair mats are anti-static and will prevent the static electricity generated by the carpet to cause any glitch on your electronic device.
Q2. How to choose the best chair mat for a high pile carpet?
There are various factors that you ought to take into consideration before buying the appropriate one for you.
- Floor-type- Whether you want your mat placed on a carpet or on a hard floor like wood or tiles. The mat used on carpet has cleats while the one which is used on a hard floor is clear. Study the area and choose the appropriate one.
- Mat size- There are multiple sizes available in the market. According to the placement of your furniture, buy the appropriate one. Buying a large size is not the wisest thing to do. It is only for you and your chair, not for the other furniture at your workplace.
- Mat shape- There are commonly three shapes available—Rectangular, lip, and bulb. The rectangular shape is using in a plain and even surface. If the arrangement of the furniture is in the corner or L-shaped, then a bulb or lip-shaped mat is required.
Q3. How to measure the thickness of the carpet?
There are different types of carpet like low pile, medium pile, and plush pile. Straighten the ends of a paper clip, then sink it into the carpet.
Do it until it reaches to the floor. The paper clip should be placed where it flushes with the carpet.
The distance between the ends of the paper clip and the distance between the fingers. This measurement is the thickness of the carpet.
It is extremely important to choose a chair mat thick enough for your flooring. There are numerous chair mats available in the market. Consider the factors and choose the best one for you.
Now you can roll on with your chair at your workplace without the worry of any damage caused by the chair casters.
This will extend the life of a carpet and the flooring. The one which is using on the carpets have cleats on the bottom. It is recommending to use plastic chair casters on your chair mat.
If your office has metal chair casters, consult any hardware store for a replacement. Save your high pile carpet and roll freely around your workplace without any worry.
Hi, I am John M Mafeen. I am the founder of www.floormatreviews.com. I am a professional blogger and content writer. I love to write floor mat reviews on my blog. I am publishing my reviews and buying a guide on this blog.